Support for Microsoft Office 2007 has ended
25 October 2017
All of your Office 2007 apps will continue to function—they won't disappear from your computer, nor will you lose any data. However, you could expose yourself to serious and harmful security risks. Here's what it means for you:
- You'll no
longer receive Office 2007 software updates from Microsoft Update.
- You'll no longer receive security updates. Security updates are what help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
- You'll no longer receive phone or chat technical support from Microsoft.
- No further updates to support content will be provided. In fact, most online help content will be retired.
- You'll no longer be able to download Office 2007 from the Microsoft web site, although you'll still be able to use Office 2007 so you might want to upgrade to a newer version of Office so you can stay up to date with all the latest features, patches, and security updates.
- Please be aware support for Office 365 will be unavailable should you still have Office 2007 so get in touch with the Ability IT team to discuss upgrade options.
Call us today on 01482 222477.